How do our products and services benefit our customers?
Success stories in their own words:
NetShape Technologies, Inc (formerly Hawk Precision)
“NetShape Technologies is a global leader in the design and production of engineered components using advanced Powder Metallurgy (PM) and Metal Injection Molding (MIM) technologies.”
Paul Moser describes functionality: “TailorPro® provides us with the ability to inject our business’s own requirements between the user and the source code.”
Paul's Challenge: We needed a better fit between business needs and the business system. Paul's Solution: TailorPro provides the engine to enable the required customizations with no changes to source code or the production database. TailorPro is supporting our needs for SOX compliance with the Audit & Security bolt on. Paul's Results: Rapid payback on investment in TailorPro with initial application of Surcharges process. Further upgrades will not require changes to the TailorPro solutions.
Financial Analysis of Benefits in Yearly Savings or Value:
- Time savings from Hot Key browses: $12 K
- Improved order fulfillment analysis: $50 K
- Surcharge collections & labor savings: $250 K
- Keeping CEO/CFO out of Sarbanes-Oxley Jail: Priceless
Superior Essex is “a Global Leader in the Design, Manufacture & Supply of WIRE and CABLE Products”
Benefits they receive from Credit Card Integration:
- “Reduces steps to process a credit card order from 5 to 1.
- Provides additional payment options for our customers.
- Reduces accounts receivable balances.
- Reduces the time needed for an authorization from 30 minutes to 10 seconds.
- Improves the security of our customers’ credit card information.”
Anita Young describes her company, and the services and support from ProStar:
“Argon Medical Devices is a world-wide manufacturer of medical devices used in heart surgeries, for interventional radiology, biopsies, etc. that has quadrupled in size during the last 3 years through acquisitions.
“Our experience with ProStar has been excellent. Cathi Peck trained and implemented our TailorPro. She listened to the needs from not only a software perspective, but a business perspective and helped us design what we needed to do to make it work for us. ProStar is committed to support and have worked with us any time there has been an issue to resolve those issues (even when the issue hasn’t been caused by ProStar, but affected our TailorPro application).”
Anita's Challenge: “Due to medical device registrations in various countries, we needed the ability to allocate product with the same exact part number to the correct countries where it was registered. Due to the acquisitions, this product had different labels on it from different manufacturers, and was potentially made in different countries, although it kept the same item number.” Anita's Solution: “We used fields inside QAD® for the registrations of the items with the countries and labels. Then ProStar helped us write the program for the allocation with the business logic necessary to send the right product to the right country.” Anita's Results: “The solution was simple and elegant. Our ROI was less than 1 month.”
“Vention Medical provides an integrated services solution for the design, engineering and manufacturing of complex medical devices and components. Our different facilities produce medical device sub-assemblies and components.”
Anant Gohil shares his company's experiences with ProStar :
“Implementation was good with detailed documentation and enough heads-up to prepare anything we needed to do internally. Support we have received has been Excellent.”
Anant's Challenge: “Within Medical environment, there are different instances wherein we require business users to follow certain procedures and processes while producing the products within our Systems – especially our QAD ERP application. High risk and high impact categories like labeling can cause major problem with the product end user, if those are not accurate.” Anant's Solution: “It became quite obvious that we needed to invest in a solution rather than risk any major recalls. Hence it became important for us to put business rules within ERP application using TailorPro solutions.” Anant's Results: “It has been very well received. Users can’t wait to incorporate more and more of such Business rules and policies within the ERP application using TailorPro solutions. Our ROI estimate is 6 months.”
“Professional plastic extrusion and fabrication services. We specialize in the development of tubing and various other products.”
Cafer Barutcuzade explains two applications of TailorPro.
1) Cafer's Business Problem: “Each Customer Service Representative has to take the unit of measure from the customer order and manually convert it to our manufacturing unit. This process has caused many errors and customer returns because it is dependent on several factors.” Cafer's Solution: “We used TailorPro to show a selection list of UM conversions within Sales Order Maintenance.” Cafer's Results: “Projected one year cost avoidance is over $38,000.”
2) Cafer's Business Need: “Different sites have different offset days for Sales Order order date vs. due date.” Cafer's Solution: “In eB2 the due date defaults to order date. We put in a TailorPro solution to add a context sensitive number of offset days by site to the order date to come up with a due date.” Cafer's Results: "The annual labor saved is 1256 hours at $20 per hour or a savings over $25,000.”