It sure is. There is both high value in the savings that are available ($20-30 per order), as well as the benefit in reduction of liability, by complying with PCI-DSS. Proper, secure handling of your customers' credit card data makes for good customer experience. Also, for our customers who process low numbers of credit card orders, we have a special discount that we apply for low usage.
Some of the functions that are automated by CCI are:
- The authorization process itself.
- The tracking of valid authorizations.
- The tracking of authorizations that need to be renewed. Various reasons for renewal are of course possible. For example, expiration due to a delayed order, an increased order leading to need for a larger authorization, and a partial shipment leading to a need for reauthorization for the balance.
- Reauthorization process.
- The settlement process. Following the invoice post in QAD, CCI communicates with the authorization provider. CCI creates the settlement transaction for the transmission of the cash from the customer's account to the business' account.
- When the settlement is confirmed the Accounts Receivable cash applications is also automated.
Yes. ProStar's Credit Card Integration works with all QAD versions, applications, and with every user interface. This includes: Standard Edition (SE; "netUI"), Enterprise Edition (EE; true .NET frames), and even character and GUI.
QAD has a policy in the QAD Cloud environment (formerly known as QAD OnDemand) that no credit card information shall be stored on the QAD Cloud servers at any time, not even for a millisecond. Due to this requirement CCI is important to use, as it does the necessary integration of credit card payment processing with the card vault functionality provided by most authorization providers.
The process of the integration takes the original credit card data, encrypts it, and securely transmits it to the authorization providers' card vault, where it is securely stored. Then the card vault returns a token to CCI. CCI uses the token any time there is a need to communicate with the authorization provider about that customer's credit card. With CCI, you can meet the requirement for no storage of customer credit card data on the local QAD Cloud server, which is another reason why CCI is QAD's recommended solution for processing payment cards.
Many dimensions of savings are provided by CCI, beginning with the efficiency of the credit card processing. With CCI the entry of the credit card information is integrated directly with the sales order entry process. The authorization happens in real time and all of the next steps are fully automated, leading to a savings of at least $25-$30 per credit card order.
For companies using manual processing of credit card data or use of an external terminal for the entry, the settlement, the invoicing, and the Accounts Receivable cash applications their processing may take as much as half an hour of time. If there are any errors or needs for exceptions, such as a re-authorization, then the whole process takes even longer.
Further savings come from reductions in fees by using Level 3 processing, which is available for most authorization providers and supported by CCI. Another savings comes from reduction in fees from errors and exceptions. For example, shipments against an expired authorization are precluded by CCI's automated updating of authorizations for any exception condition.